Transfer Credit Policy for New (First Time) Freshmen
Transfer Credit Policy for New (First Time Freshmen) for Students Admitted on/after Fall, 2013
New first-time freshmen (admitted prior to Fall, 2013) may transfer a maximum of 36 hours of credit from AP/IB/CLEP and or transfer credit toward their undergraduate degree requirements under the following conditions:
- Students must complete an application form within the first 30 calendars days of initial matriculation at Loyola University Chicago. The completed form must be received within the first 30 calendar days of initial matriculation at Loyola University Chicago.
- The college course must have been conducted in conjunction with an institution of higher education.
- The student must have earned a grade of B or higher in such transfer courses.
- Students awarded such transfer credit are limited to a maximum of 36 credit hours for the combined total of AP credit, IB credit, CLEP and/or transfer credit.
- The transfer credits will be applied toward the normal 120 credit hour graduation requirements and be consistent with transfer articulation rules in effect for Core, Major, School, or Elective credit.
- An exception may be granted to students who attend a high school in which students may earn an associate degree while in high school; such students may transfer up to 64 credit hours to LUC.
- This policy will be administered by the Office of Registration and Records.